Thursday 23 January 2014

From the personal journal of Bruce Wolf

So the newcomers have been with us a bit now, and had their first, real, live mission. And what can I say but crikey, it was a bloody success! They took down umpty-dozen of those QLF mugs and captured their Grand Poo-Bah. Now that’s that is some bloody good fighting! I mean, we all still miss the old guys, and what happened to them, well, that’s that is what you should expect from dezgra Falcons, but at the same time, these new blokes seem to be shaping up all right.


Take Takahashi for example. Now if you had not told me that he was a Drac, I would have guessed it in about thirty seconds or my name’s not Bruce. He has all the classic hallmarks; he’s stiff, humourless and very proper at all times. Oh, and he speaks Japanese and carries around a sword, which are also dead giveaways. But at the same time, he clearly knows what’s going on. I got to sneak a peek at the battleROMs from the battle, and it was clear that he was giving those mongrels the run-around from the get-go. He knew what he was doing and how to use his lance all proper-like.

And there’s the other thing. You can tell just by looking at him, let alone the way he acts, that he has a very strong sense of honour. Now I have been Clan and been around Trueborn Clan warriors, and I know my honour, and bloody oath but he has some. (In fact, I’d say he has more then some Trueborns I know, thank you very much Tassa Bloody Kay) Hells, I’d imagine that he would fight all proper and Zell-like if he had the chance.

(Pity he spent all of the trip here chundering all over the place. Glad I wasn’t in his lance then!)

Randy is the other end of that. I mean, besides the fact that he’s a Davey boy and doesn’t hide it, the pair of them could not be more different. He’s definitely got a mouth on him, yammering on all the time and loving it, but it’s not like he’s just running it off for no bloody reason. He seems to want to be everyone’s friend, and get to know everyone from me to the boss to Will and even to Mister Grumpy. Talk about sticking your bloody neck out!

But the thing is, he’s nice about it. He’s gonna be friendly, listen to what you say and all that, and isn’t is not an obnoxious tool about it. And he likes my drinks, so that makes him a top bloke. One thing that I can’t can not figure though; he said that he trained to be a MechWarrior and then gave it up to be a bloody journo! Now that makes no bloody sense at all to me! Why would you not want to be a bloody MechWarrior? I mean, hells, I only tended bars so I could study up on Clan Lore.

Finally, there’s Lee. Not much to say about him because he does not have much to say himself. Quiet guy, barely speaks to anyone, even his lance. And when he does talk, he grunts out single word responses most of the time and goes back to his drink. Now my instincts tell me that bloke’s hiding something, but I got no bloody idea what. Still, it wouldn’t be a proper merc unit without some shady characters around, so it isn’t like he’s being a total galah.


Still, he handles that Vulture well. I have to admit, I am a bit jealous there. It is not that I hate my Drop Bear or anything, but that’s a proper Clan Omni there, top of the line and a real Warrior’s ride and all that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment