Saturday 29 March 2014

Untitled Mercenary Expose, production notes

[Establishing shots of Rashid’s house; there’s some in the footage Randy sent us]

Narrator [V/O]: Using a decoy, they hoped to lure their target out.

Governor Rashid Zaydid [Recording]: I told him never to contact me here [EN: These are in Kazakh; obviously we’ll have subtitles]

Messenger [Recording]: I have orders, and you need to follow them too. This is important. Head to this location and wait for instructions.

Zaydid [Recording]: All right; but this had better be important. We’re all risking a lot by your coming here, especially after what’s happened in the last few days. They’re watching me, I’m sure.

[Shots of government car in motion. Not sure if Randy has any in the package, but I’m sure we can just use some stock if we need to]

Narrator [V/O]: The target had taken the bait, Governor Rashid Zaydid leaving his home to head towards what he thought was a vital meeting, unaware of what was really in store.

[Shot of black Lamprey helo over city. I’m sure we can get the FX department to whip something up, or just find some other stock and mess with that]

Narrator [V/O]: Other forces were in play, moving to swoop in on their target and expose the secrets that he had been hiding, ones that could potentially end this conflict… or tear the city apart

Lieutenant Katrya Dernko [V/O]: En route to target zone now. No signs of hostiles. [EN: Get the sound boys to clean this up a bit. You can barely hear her over the rotors]

[Shot of Dernko; a stylish European woman wearing an expensive-looking longcoat]

Dernko: I had no idea what they had in mind, but I liked where it was going no less. We went the extra distance and re-painted my Lamprey in black for the operation just to be sure. I liked it so much that I managed to get permission to keep it that way.

Randy R. Georges [V/O]: You didn’t think it was too risky?

Dernko: Well, we were flying fully armed, just in case. You never know what could happen in these sorts of operations.

Georges: You’ve done this sort of thing before?

Dernko: Let us say that I am no stranger to a hot landing zone.

[Shots of abandoned warehouse; Randy provided us with plenty of those]

Narrator [V/O]: The governor arrived at the target, unaware of what lay in store for him

[Shot of black Lamprey landing. Again, see what we can get]

[Footage of Zaydid from Randy’s material]

[Shots of Randy walking out of helo; again we can get FX to mess something together here]

Georges: We’ve had our eyes on you for some time now, governor Zaydid. It seems that you’re in a lot of trouble

Zaydid: What’s going on here? Who are you?

Georges: You didn’t think I was just here about a dog, did you? We know all about your connection to Sayyid Niyazi, Mister Zaydid. We know about how he’s alive and in charge of the QLF. And we know you’ve been in contact with him.

Zaydid: I- I – [sighs] None of this was meant to happen. This wasn’t meant to get so far out of control. You have to understand that I knew nothing of what he was planning. I didn’t know about the nerve gas, I didn’t know he was going to attack the convention centre –

Georges: You didn’t know that you were a target.

Zaydid: No

Georges: And did you know that there was a QLF sniper watching you as you arrived here?

Zaydid: What?

Georges: Don’t worry, we’ve taken care of it already. However, I can tell that the QLF might not be too happy with you, given that you’re talking with is.

Zaydid: I had no choice! I never meant for any of this to happen, and I had no idea that he was going to go this far.

Georges: So what was supposed to happen?

Zaydid: We… he was going to launch attacks. Eventually, I would serve as a broker to negotiate a separate ceasefire and end the conflict. We would create a separate Qizilqum region on Hamilton and they would be represented within the Free Worlds government.

Georges: And you would be the district governor, of course.

Zaydid: That was the plan, yes. He was going to replace the Prince as leader of the QLF and then negotiate a peace treaty with me. I would be a hero foe ending the threat of that dangerous madman, and he would be the moderate who was willing to work with the government rather then against it.

Georges: It would seem that it didn’t work out, however.

Zaydid: I didn’t know that he would go so far or attack the city. I don’t know what he wants, really. I had no idea he was alive at all. I thought he was dead, as did everyone else.

Georges: But when he came back, you agreed to follow him

Zaydid: His plan seemed simple and direct, and something we would both benefit from. And the people of Kazan city too.

Georges: I’d say that the people of Kazan city aren’t seeing the benefits at all. So then, Governor Zaydid. Where can we find him?

Zaydid: There was a place where we met a few times; in the ruins of the old Qizqualim capitol. If he’s anywhere, he will be there.

Narrator [V/O]: The truth had emerged. Now the stage was set for the last chapter in the QLF’s bloody history



No comments:

Post a Comment