Saturday 25 April 2015

Message Tap File #75298-Rho

Your timing is perfect. The target unit arrived back on world only a couple of days after you left, and they’ve since taken off again. I’m sending you this little message to let you know what happened while they were here.

First things first; they got back from their last contract with relatively light casualties. I did observe Primary Target in the hiring halls shopping around for new recruits. They did pick up one that I tailed a bit to get some info on, but they did seem rather elusive and, more to the point, sharp-eyed. I had to drop back for fear that they might have made me, but I will investigate further.

More importantly, Primary Target also went searching for contracts with very little downtime. They picked up one, which I was able to wrangle some information about. It’s a raiding contract for the AFFS, targeting Fletcher. Apparently, the goal is to get set-up on world and then go to ground, while doing their best to harass the CCAF forces on-world. They want to tie them down, keep them busy and prevent them from being able to attack the FedSuns some more.

Oh, and because you are going to ask; yes, there’s a CCAF line unit on-world. The 1st Liao Guards are one of those Hidden Lion units that they’ve been pulling out of the woodwork these last few years. The 1st are well-equipped and have seen action against the AFFS, and are currently split between Fletcher and Ruchbah. There’s also a planetary guard unit, which is built up from the old RAF Planetary Guard.

At a guess, I’d say that Fletcher was a target because of the Clantech manufacturing that the Wolves set up during the Republic era. The Cappies hold those factories, and the FedSuns would like to have them. The targets ain’t going to be able to drive them off the world, but they can definitely do a lot to deny those assets to the Cappies. And, if I were a betting man (and you know I’m not), I’d say that the AFFS is paying a bonus for any salvage or supplies they can pull off-world to feed their forces. The Feds are hurting, and they wouldn’t say no to the help after all.

One other interesting note. Not too long after they accepted the contract, the Snake went for another meeting with the Combine Cultural Attaché. What does this mean? Well, if you ask me, our Snake’s a spook, and he’s gotten some new orders regarding their new assignment.


I think things are gonna get interesting on Fletcher. Glad I’m not there.

No comments:

Post a Comment