Sunday 6 July 2014

Journal Extract #75291-Rho



[Some of my targets arent that good at securing their personal noteputers, which means we can find the occasional tidbit. I think the following extract could be useful to us in a number of different ways]

Look, I ain't got nothing against Ronnie. I mean, hes my baby bro (well half-brother) and I love him and all but he's also just a total pain in the ass some days.

Hes been making a real stink about this whole 'Mech thing for a while now, but it's really been a stick up his butt since our last mission. Ronnies recon lance got themselves into a whole world of trouble, and Ronnie's Cadaver went and got itself hobbled. They were trying to get away, but the fact was that he was now the slowest of them and dragging behind the rest of the lance. (I'm also gonna be kind and not repeat what he was saying on the comms, 'cause it ain't gonna help his rep none)


So he was in trouble and my Lance came and bailed him out. Hell, I even bagged the 'Mech what was riding his tail myself. (One Clanner Peeper to the face fixes a lotta troubles, trust me). Does he thank me? Hells no. Instead he runs straight to his daddy and complains about how he wouldn't have been in that situation if he had a better 'Mech, and by that he specifically meant my Wammer. Big Ron was on his side too, but mom managed to defuse things a bit. Problem solved, right?

'Cept instead, first thing we do when we get back to Galatea is he offers to buy me lunch at Tharonjas. Sure, I ain't gonna argue 'cause I like bacon and all, and he's paying, so its even better.  But turns out he was trying to butter me up to 'suggest' that itd be better for the whole unit if we was to swap 'Mechs. I was all "um, no" and so he goes and loses it at me in the middle of the place. I swear, the whole place was looking at us, and my face was as red as my hair.

See, the thing is this. Like I said, I love Ronnie even though he's a total ass some times, but he's also a crap MechWarrior. Ain't no way to say it nicely neither. I mean I know I got a couple of years experience on him, but the fact is he's just no good at it. Watching him learn was painful to beold, and I swear he only got through 'cause Big Ron payed off his instructors or something. Giving him an assault 'Mech like my Wammy would be a waste of a perfectly good 'Mech. And on top of that, he ain't even that good in a fight, so putting him in reccy where his main job is to spot something and then get the hell out makes more sense.

He's only commander of the Reccy lance 'cause Mom and Big Ron are the unit's bosses. (I mean, yeah, thatls prolly why I got the assault lance fresh out of training, but hells, fact is I was actually, yanno, good at it) Me, I think he woulda been better as a tanker like his pa, but I think Mom wanted him to be a MechWarrior. Hell, when we were kids, it was all he wanted too.

So yeah. Ronnie, I love ya lots, but you really push your luck some days.

No comments:

Post a Comment