Monday 2 January 2017

Audio Log File #75891-Rho

(A technical failure meant we only got half of this conversation. The lack of communications infrastructure on this miserable rock is to blame. I added a few annotations where needed - K)

(Thank you for this. It is relevant to our case no less. I’ve added a few notes of my own)

Sharkey: As near as I can tell, there were two of them. My men are still trying to figure out how they got into the mansion grounds, given that they didn’t actually cut through the fences or disable the cameras. When I find out what was the problem, I’m going to make sure that it doesn’t happen again.

(Inaudible)

Sharkey: You’re right there. Somebody’s going to get his hand fed to a dogodile over this, mark my words. (Dogodiles are a reptile native to Andiron that. They have a vicious bite, and can be tamed and used as guard animals - K)

A Dogodile
(Inaudible)

Sharkey: Two of them made it into the grounds and broke into the mansion proper. They must have been good, given the way that they got past the cameras and everything else I set up there. Yeah, they even got past the servants quarters. I’ve had them beaten just to get the message over. Not that I think they had anything to do with the whole thing, but I want to remind them to be alert.

(Inaudible)

Sharkey: They made it upstairs and got into my office. Get this, one of them tried to turn the camera around so that it was facing the other door. Guy didn’t realize that he was looking into the lens all along. That’s how I knew that something was up.

(Inaudible)

Sharkey: I think they were after something in specific, given that they went straight into the office. Once in, they rifled through everything there, including my personal computer. My technician is checking it now, but he’s pretty sure that they copied everything on the core and dumped it.

(Inaudible)

Sharkey: By that point, my men were trying to break down the door, but they had barricaded themselves in there. They finally got the door down, only for two of those idiots to be blasted with a shotgun. If they weren’t both dead, I’d kill them myself. Either way, the intruders made an escape by smashing the window while I was trying to get more of my guards on the way.

(Inaudible)

Sharkey: No, that didn’t stop them either. They made for the gate and killed two more guards and, even worse, two of my dogodiles along the way. By the time I had more people on to them, they were long gone.

(Inaudible)

Sharkey: Really, I have no idea what they were after. I had a lot of dirt on that computer, and they could hurt me a lot of ways with it. I mean, I could be lucky and it could be that new crew that took out the Chasseurs (The Newcastle Chasseurs, a failed mercenary unit stranded on Andiron – K). The word is that they’re gunning for Kaine and his crew (Matthias Kaine, leader of the Sanguine Reapers pirate band – K). If they take him out, then that would actually be good for me. Still going to be watching my back.

(Inaudible)

Sharkey: The camera got a good look at them while they were arsing around with it. One had a cowboy hat and a thick moustache, (Likely Randy R. Georges) while the other looked like a Cappie criminal. (Likely Lee Zhen) Don’t have a clue as to who they worked for. But I want them dead no less.

(Obviously it’s too late for us to act on this, but it’s useful no less, and thank you for bringing it to my attention. It helps me build a more complete picture of what’s going on. Sharkey has no reach beyond Andiron, so I doubt that he will present too much of a threat.)


No comments:

Post a Comment